On Saturday 27th in some glorious September sunshine our Tucker Brown Cup took place. We were very pleased to have so many willing participants for our race and although everybody could of benefited from a breeze we hope everyone enjoyed the challenge ! Once again huge thanks go to Streetlife , an amazing band who put on a great afternoons entertainment , big thanks also to Charlie and his team for all of the lovely food and drink . We hope all of our customers and friends enjoyed the day and hope to see you all again next year.
Welcome to Burnham Yacht Harbour
Situated on the north bank of the River Crouch. We provide all the facilities you would expect to find from a top class premier marina and as we are in the town itself, it is just a short walk to explore the many restaurants, pubs and shops of the pretty sailing town of Burnham on Crouch.
The Marina and Town are set in the beautiful unspoilt Dengie Marshes, a haven for many species of wildfowl. From here it is a short distance to the open waters of the Thames Estuary and the peaceful cruising grounds of the Rivers Alde, Deben, Orwell, Stour, Thames and Medway. If, you are feeling adventurous France, Belgium and Holland are within an easy days sail away.
The Town has a very active racing fraternity and has a number of well known Yacht Clubs (RBYC & RCYC) that organise such activities.
With so much to offer it’s no wonder we pride ourselves on being one of the Premier marinas on the East coast
- 350 Fully serviced modern berths all with Electricity and Water
- 24 hour access all states of the tide
- 24 hour manned marina – direct harbourmaster line 01621 786 832
- Diesel, Calor and Camping Gaz available
- Modern ablution block providing showers, laundry and disabled facilities
- Boatyard offering 100 ton capacity slipway, 35 ton travel hoist together with a full range of shipwright, engineering and GRP services.
- Chandlery – Marina store offer a great range of products from inflatable dinghies, engines, ropes to shackles and ice creams.
- Yacht Brokerage – Clarke & Carter Interyacht are one of the leading yacht brokers on the east Coast. They have the largest selection of used boats on the east coast.
- Base for two RNLI life boats – an Atlantic 75 – “Brandy Hole” and a D Class – “Ernest & Rose Chapman II”
- Swallowtail Bar & Restaurant – best views in Burnham. The restaurant and bar is open for lunch and dinner and offers a superb choice of international cuisine and a fine selection of beers and wines. A function room is available for special occasions +44 (0)1621 785505
We are happy to announce that the Tucker Brown cup and lunch will take place on Saturday 27th September 2014. This year we are breaking with tradition and serving a buffet lunch. On the menu will be a selection of seafood, plus ham and turkey, warm vegetable quiche, bruschetta, jacket potatoes, various salads and an assortment of dressings and sauces. There will be a choice of desserts or cheese, biscuits and chutney.We hope that residents of the marina, along with friends old and new, come along and join in the fun.
9.00am The Marina office opens to distribute race packs to the competitors. Pre-booked lunch tickets will also be available.
11.00 am The first race starts at the Burnham Sailing Club start line for yachts according to handicap, at approx. ten minute intervals. No spinnakers are allowed. The Predicted Log competition, for motor boats, starts at approximately 11.30am. Each competitor estimates how long it will take to complete the given course motoring at fixed revs and phones through their predicted time to the racebox before the start of the race (see race packs). The winner is the boat finishing the course closest to their estimated time.
We must stress that these races are open to all and we hope to encourage families and cruising yachts as well as racing crews. If you haven’t raced before why not have a go
01.15pm Lunch will be served a large marquee.Although we expect to have a fantastic sunny day, if the weather is inclement, our caterers have suggested that we serve more hot dishes. Three glasses of wine or beer are included in the ticket price, plus soft drinks if preferred.
We are very lucky to have a return visit of “Streetlife”, the extremely talented 10 piece soul/disco band. Last years performance was brilliant and we were delighted when they agreed to play for us again.
Prize giving takes place once lunch has been served. Prizes include the “Tucker Brown Cup”, the “Volspec Challenge” shield and a special presentation of the Mike Hemingway cup.
We aim to finish by 4 o clock so that everybody can enjoy the Burnham Carnival. There will be a funfair on the Millfields playing field and the Grand Illuminated Procession starts at 7.30pm.
Please click on the link below for an entry form
Tucker Brown Cup Entry Form 2014